DATA PROTECTION AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY
Czech Logistics Alliance (UK) Limited (CLA) is registered with the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller and data is collected through normal operational activities:
- Freight Forwarding Operations
- Recruitment and Employment of Individuals
The type of personal data collected can include:
- Names and Addresses
- Telephone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Date of Birth
- National Insurance Number
- Driving Licence Details
- Individual Training Details
- Financial Details
All of the above data is securely stored electronically and in hard copy (only when necessary). Access to the data is by authorised company employees and board members only.
All company employees have signed confidentiality agreements that relate directly to information collected by the company.
Information collected by the company is shared with the following:
Freight Forwarding Operations–External Auditing Bodies, Suppliers, DVSA, Traffic Commissioner, HMRC and Relevant Authorities directly related to any criminal investigation
Recruitment and Employment of Individuals –HMRC, Company Accountant, Relevant Authorities directly related to any criminal investigation
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to CLA for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to the Managing Director at:
15 Nursery Court,
Kibworth Business Park,
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting the Managing Director at the above address.
You can also get further information on:
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example,
to prevent and detect crime;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and
- how we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
All access requests will be acknowledged and a response provided within 30 calendar days from receiving the request. Relevant and reasonable requests for information will be provided free of charge.
Should the request become excessive and require excessive administrative time, a cost may be applied to the request.
Any identified data breaches will be managed internally by CLA and if deemed necessary, reported to the relevant parties and the ICO.
This policy will be reviewed at least annually.